Monday, May 9, 2016

First Babysitter, First Mother's Day

This was a week of firsts for the Martins!
On Thursday, we had our last spouse's social for the season, and our last social before Michelle leaves, who has been a dear friend and wonderful leader of the spouses group.  Daniel was flying that night, but I did not want to miss it!  

In steps Aabett!

This was the first time we had ever left Xander with anyone other than grandparents.  I could not have been more comfortable, though, as I knew he would be snuggled tight in good hands!

He had one of his best night's sleep EVER that night, but hasn't slept well a single night since.  Maybe Aabett should move in?!?!?!

Sunday was my first Mother's Day as a human mom, and it did not disappoint.

Daniel, Alexander, and I went for breakfast at a local diner, Joe & Eddie's.  I ate until I could barely move.  Daniel took care of all things baby from the time he woke up until about 4pm.  It was great!  Daniel has really been doing a lot lately and it is so nice to share more of the baby duties.  I love my little man so much, but do not mind the help!


The only reason he handed over Alexander in the afternoon was because our wonderful and generous friends Jonathan and Karlee came over and did all things baby throughout the evening!  They wanted to give us a date night out, but I had eaten so much at breakfast, I told them I'd much rather eat at home with their company than to eat another restaurant meal.  It was so great having them over, and good practice for them, as neither of them got to sit for the entire meal.  They did not allow Daniel or me to help in any way!  This will be their reality soon enough.  We find out whether they will welcome a girl or a boy next week!

It was a wonderful Mother's Day, and the gift could not have been better.  My crew got me a massage, which I had to use today after waking up with what I thought was a pulled muscle and turned out to be either a slipped disc, or just a very large amount of inflammation right above my sacrum.  I could barely walk, and spent the day icing it on the couch.  Leaha even came over after work to help lift Alexander since Daniel is flying again.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving, supportive people!

No comments:

Post a Comment