Thursday, October 4, 2018

Atlanta Fun

When Uncle Ryan heads to Atlanta to see the Falcons play the Saints, the Martins climb in the car and make their way to Atlanta!

Our little guy is definitely getting older.
The car ride both ways was actually fairly easy!

Zoey loved the "ham Cracker" snack...i.e. Graham Crackers




Our sweet princess, who celebrated ehr six year adoption day on the trip

We hit a crazy rainstorm that included a double rainbow, and then this strange rainbow that must have been created off the reflection of our car, because it traveled for over a mile with us!

Playing at the "Spiderman park" by Gammie's house

We had so much fun with Uncle Ryan
I was amazed by how he remembered Ryan.  He also remembered Aunt Mary, knowing that she and Ryan were a duo.  He kept asking where she was, and even named one of my mom's matryoshka dolls Aunt Mary

We had a great time with Grandma Jay and Papa, too, soaking up as much time in the beautiful weather with these two as we could, as they have since headed off on a new adventure, moving to OREGON!

Showing off Potatoes's impressive puzzle skills


Jay and my dad have frequently watched kiddos climb all over this structure in Oakhurst.  It wasn't until their grandson took it on that they realized the danger!  It was fun watching my little daredevil give his family a little scare with his climbing skills and fearlessness!



Zoey was very happy, so long as she knew where her brother was

While we were in town, Ryan graciously offered to let me go with mom for a massage (that she originally offered to him) while he stayed home for some uncle time.  For real?! Yes, please!
While mom and I were being pampered, Ryan and Potatoes created a new game- Escape the Burrito!

They played this repeatedly, and Alexander loved showing it off for the rest of us when we returned

During the Georgia game, Poatoes was otherwise occupied...

It has been a LONG time since Ryan and I were both in Atlanta at the same time.  To celebrate, my mom threw a potluck and invited friends and family.  We had an amazing time!
My fellow '83 Watkins cousins

Mean muggin' over the dinosaurs, or something, on TV

Helping Papa clear out the cherry tomoatoes

I spent so much time enjoying family and friends, that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked....not one of Gammie!  None of Ryan and me! No pictures with Rachel or Petty!  None of Daniel and the guys before they headed off to Ashville for Josh's bachelor party!  And yet, I made lots of great memories, so that is what truly counts.

We will be back in Atlanta in October for Josh and Mandie's wedding.  I am so thrilled that Alexander is getting old enough for quick road trips to be manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment