Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Viva Las Vegas....Well, Sort Of

 

I got to kick off my spring break with this beautiful lady!!

Rachel and I have been trying to plan a trip for over a year, but with COVID precautions, it just wasn't in the cards.  Now that we are both on our way to being fully vaccinated, and while Delta is still leaving an empty seat, Rachel scheduled her flight and I could not have been more excited!

Y'all, I can't even begin to express how much this woman means to me.  She is one of my oldest friends.  She stood by my side on my wedding day, after making our grooms cake, doing my hair, taking over day-of-coordination when things started to go awry....she co-hosted Alexander's baby shower, and hosted Niko's, even with a last minute venue change.  She has always been there for me in the biggest sense.  We may not talk every week, or even every month, but when we get together it's just like being back in college....except for all the things that come with having kids.

Like trying to share her attention with my boy who loves getting attention from pretty ladies

I didn't even get a picture with Rachel until the third day of her trip because this little rascal kept stealing her away!

In a real plot twist, poor Nikolai developed a horrific stomach bug within twelve hours of Rachel's plane landing.  He was in good spirits, but was exploding from both ends.  This halted our hiking plans and kept us pretty much homebound for much of Rachel's visit.
Unfortunately, while the rest of the Martin crew avoided the bug, Rachel managed to catch it.  It was awful and there was pretty much nothing I could do but load up on Pedialyte and crackers, but thankfully it passed quickly and we were able top venture to the strip for Rachel's last night in Vegas.

The Bellagio gardens are always so beautiful, and a better photo op now with the limited occupancy

We had fun catching the fountain show and getting drinks at the Chandelier Bar at the Cosmo.

The trip was definitely too short, but we managed to squeeze in some great times and new memories, including Rachel running me into the ground as I tried to keep up with her on a run.  She was literally dancing and spinning in circles while I checked my watch to confirm my heart rate was at 180bpm.

Until next time!  Love you, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment