Friday, June 10, 2016

Mayhem & My Mama

It's been busy, busy, busy around the Martin household!
Since Memorial Day, little man took his first trip to the ER when he reached a fever of 103.1



Luckily, the doctors found nothing wrong other than slight congestion, so probably a virus.


We also closed on the Fairfax house, which was the hardest mortgage our banker says he has ever experienced.  It took nearly five months, but all the t's are crossed, i's are dotted, and we are the proud owners of another rental property.  We are extremely grateful to Daniel's parents for this opportunity!


After being sick for two days, Alexander's sleep took a turn for the worst, with him wanting to be held and rocked in order to sleep, waking up every TWENTY minutes if he was put down.  It was rough!


During this intense sleep disaster, my mom came down for a visit.  


While here, she bravely offered Daniel and me a night out.


We took advantage and had delicious hibachi and played at Adventure Zone.  It is nearly unbelievable, but I beat Daniel by two strokes!  We had a bet going on who would buy dessert, and I was given four strokes that I clearly didn't need!!!!




My mom got a bit flustered by the littlest Martin's mayhem, but in the end we all had a good evening.
That night when we got home, we all toughed it out through a night of modified crying it out.  My heart nearly broke, but it paid off with three wonderful nights.

On Wednesday night I went out for a spouse's social, and left Daniel to do our now very regimented evening routine.  Whether it was an unintentional change in the routine, the absence of mommy, or just a move in the cycle, we have not had a good night's sleep since.

On one of these nights, all the cars in our neighborhood got ransacked.  Unfortunately, I had left my keys and my wallet in my car.  Though I was blessed that the thief did not steal my car, I had to play hookie to have our house re-keyed.  I also had to get all new cards and IDs.

After taking care of the necessary safety measures around the house, Alexander and I headed up to school for our Thursday meeting and a celebration for Lynsie's birthday.  Alexander was thrilled to hang out with Dylan!

Mayhem can cease now!

Meanwhile, Alexander continues to change every day.  He is using beginning consonant sounds and sitting up stronger and stronger.  He also rocks during tummy time, looking like he's trying to push into crawling position.

His main communication is grunting, which is not the most pleasant sound, so we are trying hard to reinforce the more language based sounds.

He eats baby oatmeal as part of our evening routine and still loves fruit and peanut butter.

Photo Drop



No comments:

Post a Comment