Saturday, November 10, 2018

Fall Fair




We had a great time at the Pensacola Fair!

The weather was absolutely perfect.  We showed up at opening the day before the fair closed and walked into a nearly empty fairgrounds.

It was game day, so we were all in our red and black and early enough to make it home in time for the game.

Oh yes, we shared a funnel cake!

The Pensacola model train club was present, and Potatoes loved seeing the trains!

They even had a dino train portion

They also had a petting zoo.  I am still on the fence about these types of things, as I always walk away worrying about the quality of lives the animals live, but at the same time, I want Alexander to see how he is a small part of a very big, very cool world.  It is so special to see him experience animals out of the pages of books and into real life.






This potato sack slide was super fast!  We had a great race, but ultimately, Potatoes and Daddy could not beat me!










It was an amazing day filled with memories!

Mayhem:
Things Potatoes Says
I wish I wrote down everything that comes out of his mouth, because this kid cracks me up!  I knew I had to record the musings of the backseat on our way back from the fair....
Daniel: "Hey buddy, you should take a little nap so we can play when we get home."
Potatoes: "I already did."
Me: "That's not true, buddy. Don't say things that aren't true."
Potatoes: "It is true- I took one last morning.  Don't say it's not true.  You ruined my plan.....(pause)...
Now we have to fight."

For Halloween costumes, we were planning our dino duds and asked Potatoes what Jan should dress as-  "Jan can be a old and naked dinosaur."

"When I was in your tummy, I said, 'Let me out!  I need to play with Daddy!'"


No comments:

Post a Comment