Thursday, November 14, 2019

Gammie Goes Home


After 7 weeks of helping me adjust to being a mom of two, with countless diapers changes, bottle feeds, dishwasher and laundry loads, Zoey walks, school drop offs, bed time and nap time books and so much more, it was time to say goodbye to Gammie.
These two....  My mom says neither of her kids are as much like her as her first grandson is.

We took advantage of a day off from school routine in Gammie's last week and headed to SeaQuest to play with sharks

Alexander may have been a bit scared to touch the sea star, but Gammie wasn't!

We had a hilarious moment when a stingray actually jumped out of the tank at my hand, thinking I had a shrimp in it (I was actually pointing to Alexander's clump of shrimp floating away so he could watch for the animals to eat it).  We all got splashed and I may have screamed just a bit!

I bought more shrimp to feed the hungry stingray, and yet he couldn't get it together!  I kept putting a shrimp in front of him and he kept missing it.  I then managed to drop it DIRECTLY in his mouth, and he let it fall out!  Silly stingray...

We got to meet Marina the Mermaid

Nikolai certainly has an adjustment ahead.  He is used to being held every time he cries.  I have already started working on teaching him to self soothe and extend his time between meals to three hours.  He may not have taken to it initially, but I got the best sleep of his life thus far last night!

Where's my Gammie?!




Grandmomma is stepping in with some snuggles, but has proclaimed to not be a fan of a crying baby.  She enjoys a hug here and there and will talk to the boys, which is great for working on her speech!  She is also eager to join us on outings and walks to the playground.

Wearing one if his shirts made by Gammie

Looking like such an angel in the PJs from Ganrmomma

Silly boy

We miss Gammie already, but are looking forward to figuring out our new normal!




No comments:

Post a Comment