Sunday, March 22, 2020

Our Corona Life


Life looks a little different these days

While we try to do what we can to slow the spread of COVID-19, we are also doing our best to stay sane, healthy, and happy.

With advice from my dear friend Laura, we have officially turned Nikolai into a water baby!  I throw on a swimsuit and join the boys and all of a sudden, Niko is all about bathtime, even loving floating on his back and putting his face in the water.

Pajamas all day?  Sometimes!  And this guy got a haircut courtesy of me.  It actually turned out pretty great, but that's largely because his hair is so delightfully full of character.  He may not have ringlets anymore, but he has the cutest waves.


Daniel has been home for a few days and has gotten back on our schedule.  We have absolutely loved soaking up Daddy time.

Lots of naps occur during this time of social distancing

We made cards for seniors in nursing homes as no visitors are allowed right now.  Hopefully this brings smiles to some of the residents.
When I posted this idea on Facebook, my mom immediately responded that we ought not to forget that she is a senior who would love a card and didn't get to visit.  I didn't tell this to Alexander, but as he was signing the first picture we made, he asked, "How do I spell Gammie?  This one is for her."  He even picked the butterfly...Gammie's favorite thing!  His heart amazes me,

While his school is open as it is a daycare, we have kept Alexander home.  I have increased our regular home 'academics' only slightly, as he learns through play anyways, and we already include information throughout all we do, like reading and writing the cards for seniors.  One thing I did implement is 30 minutes a day where he plays alone.  We love to play with him, but I think this has been good for him.  He seems to really enjoy it, too!  We have also increased our sight word games and practice, as he is really eager to learn how to read.  I found a bunch of fun activities on Teachers Pay Teachers.

Zoey is invited to Alexander's 'play by yourself' time

Nikolai has smiled through the days as usual

On Saturday, we all wanted to get out of the house.  Assuming Red Rock National Park would be crowded, we headed to Lone Mountain.  We had a fantastic hike...pretty killer as we picked the steepest path, and really enjoyed the fresh air.  A lot of people had the same idea, but everyone was pretty respectful of keeping their distance from one another.



We are really loving our neighborhood field right now.  I took some dumbbells out there this morning for my workout, and the kids have even gotten the hang of social distancing, kicking soccer balls back and forth, having races, and riding their scooters, all while keeping their distance.

Hopefully we are doing enough to keep ourselves healthy and to stop the spread of COVID-19.  My brother and Mary are currently my heroes, as Ryan drives across country to pick up my mama and take her, and her dog, back to Tulsa.  She is a social butterfly and kept talking about going out on errands.  Now, she will be able to be with family, and also be out of Atlanta, where there is a lot more going on with this disease than there is in Tulsa.

Here's to all who are figuring out a new normal.  Together we can make it through this and flatten the curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment