Friday, July 3, 2020

Gammie Comes to Town....Finally!!!

With us being across the country instead of one state away, and COVID-19 cancelling a trip earlier in the year, my mom went SEVEN MONTHS without seeing the Martin Crew!  I believe this is the longest I have ever been without seeing my mom, and certainly too long between visits for the fast- growing boys!


The boys were eager to soak up Gammie hugs, stories, songs, and laughs!

Both our boys can be as sweet as sugar, OR as sour as a lemon and we rarely know which side they'll show (true Sour Patch Kids).  I was blown away by how loving and well behaved they were for nearly every moment of Gammie's visit.  They definitely missed her!

The weather was gorgeous, which was good for social distancing!




 

Niko mastered the high-five and clapping while Gammie was here!

He was all smiles, and loved getting an hour alone with Gammie each morning while the rest of us caught an extra bit of sleep.


Zoey has always loved Gammie, too!


Alexander made sure he had one-on-one time, asking for the first time in his life for Nikolai to go play somewhere else so he could have time alone with Gammie

While Gammie started her days with an hour alone with Niko, she got to end them with an hour alone with Alexander.  Each evening he would snuggle up in the guest bed for stories, songs, and charades.  The laughter we could here from the next room is something I will always remember.

We continued our baking fun with decorating pizza cookies made by our friend and her boys.  Though my mom has to eat gluten-free, my dear friend Jennifer came to the rescue with two delicious gluten-free treats for my mom to enjoy as a judge for her family's bake-off!


We had a blast picking peaches, summer squash, and tomatoes!

The weather was perfect

Niko stayed true to his love of farms and had a great time.  He decided that a freshly picked cucumber is the perfect teething toy; better left uncut and nawed on whole!


He was all smiles for Gammie!

My mom spent her last day with both boys, letting me go for a much needed hair day
 I feel a full pound lighter!

With her new hair do as well (we took turns), we headed out to the skate park for Gammie's last night.





We love you Gammie! We are so excited about the possibility of you bringing your camper out here in the fall!







No comments:

Post a Comment