Monday, June 13, 2022

Shorna Gets Married!!!

 I traveled to Atlanta last week for a truly spectacular celebration

My amazing, loving, longtime friend Shorna got married!!

The wedding was in a glorious outdoor setting and Jan was one of the bridesmaids

I may have creeped some of her pre-wedding photos to enjoy more of the big day







Shorna was absolutely stunning

It was such a special ceremony, with Shorna's brother-in-law Clifton presiding and family surrounding the happy couple. I put my phone down for nearly the entire night because I just wanted to be present in the moment.  Shorna's husband, Rohan, was the sweetest.  During the vows, he was so excited to commit his love to Shorna, he said, "I do!" at least three times! The entire night, if I ever couldn't find the beautiful bride, I only had to watch her doting husband, because his gaze followed her everywhere she went.  This was my first time meeting Rohan, and it made my heart happy to see my dear friend with someone that clearly cherishes her for all she is.

I did manage to catch some pictures during cocktail hour.

It has been years since I've seen Eileen. I loved getting to catch up!

Heidi is looking absolutely incredible with her little baby bump!

I haven't seen Weston for years either! As always, we were able to pick up like there was no distance.

It was an incredible evening. I truly wish I had taken more pictures, especially with Shorna and her family.  For some of Shorna's sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews, it had been over a decade since I had seen them. Yet our families have always been more like family than friends.  I definitely soaked up all the good feelings and filled my soul in this celebration. 



It was a quick trip to Georgia with just Niko and me, but we tried to make the most of it. I did not even realize until we were there that my littlest had never been to Georgia before! He loved seeing Gammie's house and spending time with some of his favorite people, including Gammie, Jan, Craig and Heidi, and Rachel! He really loved the airplane rides, too, and is still talking about being on the plane with Jan and mommy.

We flew to Atlanta with Jan, who had been in Vegas for Daniel's birthday celebration

Niko was very excited to watch in flight basketball with Jan

By chance, my brother was in town at the same time I was!! Niko and I both loved getting to spend time with Uncle Ryan!



We had an absolute blast at our friend Jessica's pool!  Niko got to meet cousins for the first time ever, and talked about Billie Rose for days and days after.


I got to spend time with Shorna before the wedding. Read her perfect shirt!


Niko and Gammie made up all sorts of games during our visit


I also got to hug up on Petty for a brunch hangout!  Another friend that I haven't seen in years, but will always pick up right where we left off.

This trip was so helpful in making me feel more ready for the move. Being just a few hours by car from my Georgia folks is definitely going to be a nice change!







No comments:

Post a Comment