Saturday, April 16, 2016

Four months


Our little man is four months old!

Exactly a year ago, I found out I was pregnant.  Aunt Jan was turning 60 and I was driving home for her birthday party worried about how I was going to be around my whole family and not say anything, as I was very early in the pregnancy.  I failed!  My mom recently said it was the best day of her life.

We had our four month appointment on the day he turned four months.  
Alexander is growing wonderfully and met all of the developmental milestones other than watching his hands.  He watches everything else, and constantly watches the things he is holding in his hands, but he doesn't just watch those little fingers wiggle.

He weighed in at 15.3 lbs (62nd percentile) and measured 25.3 inches long (54th percentile).  He's not nearly as big as I thought he was!  However, I do wonder if the data is skewed since it was taken at 4 months, 0 days, whereas many kids probably have these appointments later in their fourth month.  Just saying... he seems like a BIG boy!  Daniel guessed 64th percentile, so maybe little man just wanted to help daddy out by proving him right.

He got the next round of vaccines and is not feeling well today because of them.  He ran a high fever and I was about to take him to the ER, but thankfully it dropped back down.

Our boy still enjoys tummy time for short periods.  We play baby airplane on my shins while I do crunches, mirror tummy time with the mirrored closet doors and on his play mat that our neighbors, Jenny and Don gave us.  Alexander does have a small flat spot on his head, so we will be increasing the time on his tummy!

His favorite activity is still neighborhood walks either in the Ergo or in daddy's arms.  His eyes are always searching for new and exciting things, like, oooh look! a street light! He will turn his head like a little owl to keep his eyes on the street lights.

We recently pushed him to go further between feedings (after a tough love pep talk from my bestie Petty), and he took it like a champ!  He is now eating about 5.5 ounces every 3-4 hours and is again sleeping for 4-6 hours at a stretch during the night.  Thank you, Lord, for that!  Life is so much easier with a little sleep and more than 2 hours between day feedings.

He will take a pacifier, but only if he is very tired.  He much prefers his index and middle fingers.

He is sometimes picky about who he will take a bottle from, refusing to eat for Ms. Celia but gobbling it up for Ms. Lisa at school, and only eating for daddy at home if I'm not offering the direct source.

He is beginning to be able to sleep without his swaddle and soothing himself to sleep.

Parent date night at ECAC after his four month appointment.  He certainly didn't need to do any attention seeking!

 Cute Picture Time!
He wants to sit at the table during dinner now

Even with the straps he isn't quite big enough to hold himself up in it

Is there a return policy?

No comments:

Post a Comment