Friday, April 1, 2016

Grandpops Comes to Town!

What a wonderful week!  My dad headed down for a visit on Tuesday and left on Thursday, so we made the most of the time together.

All dressed up for Grandpops to visit!

When my dad got into town, I was at work, so he stopped by the daycare to see Young Master Alexander (the British way of addressing a young boy).  He timed it perfectly, by chance, and got to play with him for a bit, feed him a bottle, burp him, and then rock him into nap time before leaving the school and heading to the beach.

Nap time at school (he was asleep for an hour and a half after hanging out with Grandpops!)

Finally the weather participated and on Wednesday, we loaded up and took Xander on his first beach trip.  It was really windy, but my dad set up his beach chair to block the wind, and I swaddled our little man with a beach towel and he fell fast asleep.


My dad is a fantastic gardener (though he won't admit it), and he shared his knowledge to help me plant our tangerine tree.

Our little Cabbage Patch Kid...baby in a hole!

Before he left on Thursday, we had a yummy breakfast and headed to Lowes to pick up a couple tomato plants and cucumber plants.  I am so excited to see if they survive my black thumb!


While my dad was here, Alexander began grabbing his feet, watching his hands, and holding his toys for an extended period of time.  My dad was impressed by his strong leg and back muscles, too.  It is so interesting to watch as this little guy changes on a near daily basis.

His first school photo


No comments:

Post a Comment