Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Happy Fall, Y'all!

After a week dealing with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease with Daniel out of town, I was so happy to have hubby home and baby healthy (well, mostly- now fighting a fall cold).

Daniel had a great time on the road with Bryan and Adam.  They drove up to watch the Capitals play and check off a sports bucket list item- seeing Ovechkin score a goal, get an assist, and punch a guy in the face directly in front of their front row seats.  Their seats included VIP access to free food and drinks.  They had a blast, but the fun didn't stop there.  They continued the trip with a VA Tech game that included high scores and good times with a VA Tech victory.

Though it was really difficult caring for a sick baby by myself (one who hates to be stuck in the house and our only outings being the ER and then the pediatrician), I am actually glad Daniel was not around to catch the uncomfortable rash that covered our little man from head to toe.  I guess my years of working with kids helped me to gain immunity.

A week at home sick resulted in our first ever baby TV watching.  At least it included snuggles!

 On Sunday morning, with Potatoes feeling nearly 100% we dressed in our fall best and headed to the pumpkin patch.  I am so glad his rash healed enough for pictures!


I love my little family so very much!

On Sunday afternoon, I got to have a mama free adventure!  Daniel hung out with Zoey and Xander while Leaha and I took advantage of a parasailing package I won at ECAC's 5k.
Both Daniel and Jesse have gone parasailing before and opted out, so Destin Watersports offered us the photo package in lieu of the third passenger which was included in the voucher.

Rocking our One Run t-shirts as we gear up to soar

About to board!

So excited!  The weather was absolutely gorgeous

We saw so many dolphins as we took the boat out

I was expecting something of a thrill ride, and was shocked by the contrasting serene and calm nature of parasailing.  It was amazingly quiet up in the sky; simply peaceful.  The water was so clear, we could see the bottom.  We saw a huge number of dolphins, including a small baby.  We thoguht we saw a sea turtle, but as we neared, it turned out to be a jellyfish...slightly less exciting.   It was a remarkable experience.



A little dip before going back in the boat

Alexander was so excited to be back at school, he jumped into Ms. Lisa's arms and immediately began playing and laughing.  
The good news is, this boy loves going to school!

It is nice to have our whole crew back home and healthy.  Now we are gearing up for Halloween with a homemade costume that I really hope Xander will keep on!

No comments:

Post a Comment