Monday, June 5, 2017

Milestones and Photo Drop

As we count the hours until we are reunited with our favorite guy, I want to share all our most recent photos and milestones.  Once Daniel is home, I will be flooding the blog with pictures of our once again complete Martin family.


Some milestones he has recently achieved:
Jumping with both feet, occasionally even hopping forward with both feet off the ground!


"No ma'am!"
This is his new favorite phrase.  It is primarily directed at Zoey, when she is begging from him or licking him, but he also says it when characters in books are pointing fingers, and once said it to himself (see funny story below)

My littles loved our time at Aabett's house!

Talking in his sleep
Just like his mama...It isn't every night, and never during naps, but he definitely talks in his sleep on occasion.  He has said, "mommy," "no," "puppy," and once, he said, "no ma'am!"

Needing mommy
I'm not sure if he has heard so much about daddy coming home that he is being clingy, or if it is because he was sick for so long, but this little guy needs snuggles and to be held more than he did even as an infant!  I love the snuggles, but it does get tiring.
  
Meeting his first snake
We went and had lunch with Aabett on Friday and had such a blast!
Alexander got to touch a snake for the first time!

Seeing the funny side-
When he gets sleepy, he starts hitting, kicking, scratching, and recently pulling hair.  It is not pleasant.  I have tried a number of strategies, and have decided that Time Out may be needed.
While we were at Abbett's house, Xander started getting sleepy.  He hit Aabett's poor puppy, Barley, who doesn't have a lot of toddler experience.
I firmly told him, "No. We need to have nice hands."  He did it again.  I removed him from the room, putting him in an adjacent bedroom (where I could see him), in which the light was off, and faced him towards the wall.  He sat there for a second.  Xander then stood up and walked back into the living room, all the while looking at me, walked over to Barley and hit her again.  He then turned on his heels, walked back into the darkened bedroom, sat against the wall and said loudly, "No ma'am!"
He proceeded to stand up, walk BACK to Barley, and pet her gently.
My work here is done.

He is an athlete!  He ran a quarter mile yesterday.  I told him he didn't have to be in the stroller if he stayed out of the puddles and right by me.  He RAN down the street yelling, right next to me, for a quarter of a mile before veering into someone's yard to play with their toys- stroller time!

This boy.
I'm telling you, I do not even know what I am in for!

Photo Drop

An impromptu dinner party to celebrate Alyssa's birthday

It was great getting to meet James's brother and Sister-in-law!

Our first trip to a splash pad



Summer ready!  Now bring daddy home!



No comments:

Post a Comment