Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Memorial Day

Each year, this holiday brings a mix of emotions.  In many respects it represents the beginning of summer and a more relaxed attitude, but it is also a time for reflection, respect, and the honoring of those who have fallen in service to our great nation.  With Daniel's approaching homecoming and the recent plane crash within our community, this Memorial Day felt a resounding importance in our household.

We started our weekend with a bay play day with my ERA team leader, Paula.  Alexander had a great time teasing the dogs with his food, and loved a rare treat of a frosted sugar cookie.

On Sunday, I hosted an open house, and had my mom, Leaha, and Karlee drop by!
  
The house was home to these beautiful finches

While remembering those who have died in service, our little Martin family greeted the changing season with a visit from Gammie and play time with our buddies.

Monday started off as rainy and dreary, and by 8am, Alexander was jumping off the furniture and showing clear signs of cabin fever.

Luckily, Brighton and Kiera were up for an impromptu play date at the mall's mini under the sea play area.



After playing, Gammie took the toddlers over to the pay to ride firetruck.


 Props dinner to wrap up our Memorial Day




We have the greatest little group!

I am trying a couple new things to increase Alexander's health and ward off infections.  I am attempting to keep him mostly dairy free to prevent build up in his tiny toddler Eustachian tubes and I am also treating his ears with a vinegar and water solution after our daily swim to dry up any moisture that may be trapped.  Fingers are crossed that our little man stays healthy!

Xander is loving our daily swims, and is asking to jump in and go totally underwater!  He will be swimming independently before I know it!

Now we are just preparing for Daniel to come home.  I'm cleaning grout, clearing my stuff off his counter in the bathroom, and practicing sleeping on my side of the bed.  I am trying to have a little fun thrown in while semi-containing my excitement!

Who is most excited about Daniel coming home?


No comments:

Post a Comment