Sunday, July 23, 2017

Realtor By Day, Mommy by Night (and day and all the time!)

This was a big week both at home and at work
I had my first two closings and got my name on a yard sign!

I was supposed to close on a condo as my very first closing, but due to some holdups (which I'm learning is par for the course), this closing came a day after Daniel closed on our THIRD investment property!

Though I was kind of excited about my first closing being outside of the family, there is truly no one I would rather share life's special moments with than my wonderful husband.

This was a different type of investment for us, as our first was a huge project.  We stripped the Brooks house and redid it completely over a year's time, turning it into a home we would be happy to live in, should we ever need to downsize.

Our second investment property was buying the house Daniel lived in during high school.


This was the first time we purchased a home based strictly on investment potential with no emotional ties.  It is an awesome four bedroom in our favorite Fort Walton Beach neighborhood- 
Elliot Point, of course!
Though there were many ups and downs in the process, everything worked out in the end and we are excited to begin another landlord adventure!

The very next day after closing with Daniel, everything came together for Joel's closing.
 

As an active duty service member, Joel was able to take part in the Paula Sherman Team's partnership with Heroes Home Advantage.  This meant our team wrote Joel a check at closing to thank him for his service!

We are still helping Joel through some last minute hiccups in his beautiful waterfront condo, as our relationship as Realtor does not always end at the closing table!


Also this week, my sign riders came in!  This means I got to put my name out in front of my first listing!  Now we just need to get an offer!

Though I will be very sad to see my dear friends move away, I feel blessed that they have given me the opportunity to list their home.

I am loving the fast paced whirlwind life of a realtor by day!

However, my favorite moments are by far those with my Martin crew!
Family Photo Drop
My mom gave Potatoes spray chalk...he could only spray it if he used both thumbs...

At hibachi to celebrate our closing

An appropriate fortune for Daniel

The cuteness


Thought I broke something in my foot, but it was just a pulled muscle.  Still hurts a week later, but I am fully mobile so that's a blessing!

Also this same week, all three of us drove out to Pensacola to confirm 
that Potatoes needs tubes in his ears

Afterwards, we enjoyed Cinnabon and Skyzone trampoline park

                                       

I got to spend some time with my ECAC fam this week, too!



We were saying goodbye to Lydia, who is moving to Austin  
She is going to kill it as a BCBA in such an awesome city!

Finally this week, we got to celebrate Brynlee turning 2 at an amazing
ice cream themed pool party

Inner tube races
I think the dads had more fun than the kids!

We love our Hunter family so much

This was a very, very busy week filled with excitement and adventure!

This cutie rages until he passes out.  Every day.

Glad he fits so well into our Martin family!



No comments:

Post a Comment