Saturday, August 5, 2017

Papa Comes to Town

I think my dad's heart has officially melted into a puddle for Young Master Alexander
(this would be a traditional British nickname for a young boy)

On my dad's most recent visit, as he stepped out of the car, Alexander exclaimed, "Papa!"

From that moment until his departure, the two had tons of fun and adventure.

Previously, Potatoes was too rambunctious around Grandpops to do bedtime routine together.  Being a bit older and a lot more attentive to books this visit, he loved being read to and tucked in by "Papa"

Per usual, we spent most of our time together outside
Walking around the yacht club


My dad was amazed at how well Xander swings

Sitting by the pool

Helping to put the stroller away after a walk

He wore his shades for all of about 5 minutes

But was not interested in his goggles

 
Though he won't wear one for a prolonged period, he loves to talk about hats and put them on both himself and others

My dad brought corn fresh from his garden.  Alexander loved eating it right off the cob!

On the second morning my dad was there, he and I were sitting by the pool drinking coffee when we heard through the monitor, "Papa!"
This was one of the only times ever that I have not been the first thing Xander seeks out when he wakes up.  These two have a real connection.

We can't wait for you to come back!











No comments:

Post a Comment