Sunday, December 3, 2017

Santa Comes Early

With Daniel having to leave for work, we sent a special request to the North Pole. Santa was nice enough to get the reindeer together for an early flight to Florida so the Martins could enjoy Christmas all together.  I think he appreciated the early cookies!

We knew Potatoes would probably enjoy the festivities, and he did not disappoint.  He haf the exact reaction I would imagine and hope for from a little boy. He played with EVERY single present, getting excited even over new pajamas, and while he wanted to open everyone's presents, he graciously handed them out and let each person (and puppy) open our own.

I took more videos than photos because I really wanted to remember the first Christmas that Alexander was truly participating in.  It was a magical morning for me.

 


The first and biggest present of them all was for Daniel from Arizona.  Daniel's dad knows our family well, and with Daniel leaving and after seeing Xander open a medicine bottle on our recent visit with him, Grandpa thought the time was right for us to get a gun safe.  I've been wanting one for years, but I think it's much cooler coming from dad than wife.


This thing is legit!



After playing with new toys and eating cinnamon rolls, we headed out to the barber shop for a haircut for both Daniel and Potatoes.


It was Xander's first professional cut, so I'm glad he got to see daddy go first, and then sit in a red race car for his.

He did great and looks like such a big boy now!

While we were waiting, Agho showed up! Total coincidence!

That afternoon, the Ramirez's invited us to the trampoline park.
I only took video so I don't have any pictures...

The next night we took daddy and Agho to the plane to say goodbye.  I knew it wasn't the best idea for Xander to go to bed with daddy home, and wake up to him gone, but drop off was around midnight!

On some level, Xander knew what was going on. He stayed up all night to see daddy and Agho off and didn't fall asleep until we got all the way home and to his bed.
 

I am very blessed that my Aunt Jan is retired and has been RVing this year.  She had planned to snowbird in Florida, so when she found out Daniel was leaving, she offered to be here to help me.

Though we are all working to adjust to a new normal, it is much easier to cope with missing Daniel with the incredible support I have around me!

Our first week has been good, with a perfect video chat and an amazing SEC championship.
We are ready to see the Dawgs go all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment