Monday, December 11, 2017

Shenanigans with Jan Again!

Since Daniel left for his work trip, and Jan has been traveling the country this year of retirement, she offered to move in with us.  Yes, please!!!
I have said for years that my mom didn't give me a sister, so she let's me share hers.  Jan and I have been very close since I was in high school, and while it is always an adjustment for me when there are big changes, like my husband not being here every day, and living with my aunt instead, it has been truly great.
One of the first nights Jan was in town was also one of the last nights Bryan was in town before joining the rest of the guys on the work trip.  We were thrilled to have him, Alyssa, and Kiera over for a Mexican buffet. He brought the party with grilled quesadillas, his mom's famous holiday cookies, and a present for Potatoes.

He gave Xander a T-Rex that looked, sounded, and felt real.  Potatoes was TERRIFIED....until we began bowling at the dinosaur and knocking it down with a big ball.  As long as we didn't turn it on...he loves it!  It's definitely a toy he'll grow into!
We have filled our first two weeks with Jan!
We went to the Gulfarium one morning.

Alyssa and I both got season passes, so it didn't bother us when the kiddos just wanted to play in the sand and eat goldfish.

We did get them to see the animals eventually!


Jan has been a great help around the house and with my crazy Potatoes.
She picked up immediately on his favorite chore...scooping poop in the backyard.

My birthday was on the 8th, and it was truly a great day!
Karlee sent me the sweetest package!

That night, the shenanigans were in full swing.
The Emerald Group from my office through an ugly sweater party.  Leaha offered to stay with Xander, so Jan got to come party with me.

While Jan and I always have fun together, the Emerald Group took it to a whole new level.  They threw a fantastic party with games throughout the house, crazy drink concoctions including Apple Pie Moonshine and "the Jeffrey," and great food.  I may have enjoyed more of the drinks than the food....or the games...it was a great time getting to let loose with folks from the office.
 


I got to rock my hand beaded Christmas sweater that I bought at a consignment shop in Athens a few years ago....and coupled with my sequined Ho Ho Ho shirt and my reindeer 3D socks...I took the prize for ugliest sweater!  
And what a prize it was...  a new robot vacuum!  

With my Roomba on the fritz despite a new battery and new brushes, I could not be more excited!!
Jan won, too!  She won one of the guessing games and got a Best Buy gift card.
The party was an absolute blast with or without our loot, but winning was just the icing on the cake!
                             

The morning after the party shenanigans, we loaded up the car and headed to Atlanta.  Though we had to turn around three times before officially setting out (don't ask....) we finally set off and between the activity bags we packed, the songs we all sang together, and plenty of snacks, Alexander did great on the road!

I can't wait to share all the fun we are having being home!












No comments:

Post a Comment