Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Showering Baby Ellis

What a Week!
Between highly aggressive behaviors from Alexander and hosting two events at my house, last week was exhausting.  So exhausting, I started this blog days ago and am finally sitting down to complete it.


On Monday, Potatoes's best friend from school got picked up by his daddy, presumably in uniform.  Xander emphatically told me, "Eric daddy pick him up.  Go to his own house," with exaggerated arms and hand gestures to emphasize.

This clearly led Potatoes to believe that his daddy would be coming soon, too, as we had two of our hardest days behavior wise immediately following.  Hitting, kicking, spitting, and screaming while running away when given any direction filled two days of both school and home.  Through the gift of Applied Behavior Analysis, I was able to reach him, and end the week on a high note.

I went mid day to school to check on him, and when he received a good report, I took him from school and we went straight to the trampoline park.  It pays to make good choices!
We burned a lot of energy and Potatoes continued making good choices through the rest of the week.

This was good timing, as I hosted the spouses dinner at my house on Thursday evening and then a baby shower for Aabett and baby Ellis on Saturday, so I was unable to be all hands on deck with Potatoes.
I did not take any pictures at the spouses dinner, but we had a great time.

The highlight of the week was most certainly Saturday morning getting to cohost a shower for my dear friend Aabett and her due to arrive baby Ellis.


It was an amazing day getting to see many of my friends from ECAC as well as meeting Aabett's friends that I haven't met before.

Not only does Aabett have a pet hedgehog, but she is also just slightly obsessed, ehemm, I mean, enamored by them, so picking a theme for the shower was easy.
Co-Hosting with Courtney was perfect- she took on decorations and knocked it out of the park!

Brunch is always a hit

Taylor easily stepped up to the challenge of hedgehog cupcakes

Could they be cuter?  I don't think so!

Aabett's little man could be here any day.  We were so happy to shower her before he makes his appearance, but now he can come anytime!  I know she is anxious to squeeze her little guy!


With the number of guests we had, we kept the games simple...Don't say baby!

Stephanie won the "baby" game, collecting nearly all the clips!

The beautiful guest list

Waffle bar toppings

Showering Baby Ellis

We love you, Aabett, and you too, Ellis!

No comments:

Post a Comment