Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Babies and Mayhem

I feel blessed to have been asked by the Ramirez Family to hang out with Kiera while Alyssa and James went to the hospital to have their new baby girl.
When Alyssa felt the time had come at an early hour of 6am, she had her neighbor, Alicia, come over until I was able to trade places.
I brought Alexander with me and the two toddlers had a wonderful day together at the Ramirez home!

We did it all- playroom, arts and crafts, living room, lunch and snacks, outside play.  These toddlers don't slow down!
Murphy even took a break, which I have never seen before!

 
The weather was gorgeous!

The day wasn't free of toddler antics and mayhem...but overall, these two play so well together!


I took Xander home for nap time, while Alicia stepped back in.

That evening, I came back for the night and that is when the real mayhem began.  It has been long enough now that I am ready to talk about it....

I went to bed with a terrible headache that Ibuprofen was not touching (which is weird).  I did not sleep well at all, and woke up with my head still pounding.  Luckily, Kiera had a wonderful night and woke up cheerful.  She asked for a waffle with jelly for breakfast (sure, why not?), and while I was fixing it, I realized I was going to be sick.

I ran to the bathroom, but when you get sick, you just get sick.  I could not believe it.  I had just thrown up all over the bathroom of a family bringing home a brand new baby that day.  What a DISASTER!!!

Thankfully, the neighbor came to the rescue, and thankfully Alyssa is so organized I was immediately able to locate her Lysol spray and Clorox.  Despite feeling totally gross, I managed to clean then bathroom, spray every surface I had touched, and start a load of laundry for all towels and such that I had come into contact with by the time Alicia came over.

I could not be more horrified, and am only able to tell this story because I am now confident no one in the Ramirez family got sick.  I do not know if it was a bug or food poisoning, but I did get sick one more time the next night, and have been fine ever since.


I waited a full week before coming over to meet beautiful Elena.  She is absolutely perfect!!

We also welcomed another perfect baby girl into our lives recently.
On April 24th, Leaha and Jesse introduced baby Stella to the world.

While newborns usually intimidate me, Stella must truly be family because I cannot get enough of having her little body in my arms.
Even Jan got some Stella snuggles.
As much as I am loving these baby girls (and cannot wait to meet baby Goeres any day now!), I am still confident that my family is complete.  We love our Zoey and Potatoes and are thrilled with the family dynamic we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment