Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Happy Easter!


With our past few weeks being nearly more than I could handle, Easter provided a much needed break.  For two qwwka, I found time here and there to slow down and enjoy the spring weather, family and friends, and the gift of the season in the gaps between the difficult trials that keep presenting themselves.
Our neighbors Rachel and Ryan have been enjoying France while Ryan's mom Connie stayed home with Addie.  We have had many playdates and fun crafts!

I know how much my mom appreciated my friends including her when we went to Australia last year (it is tough hanging solo with a three year old!), and with as much as I enjoy Connie's company and the fun activities she put together for the kids, it was a joy to spend time all together.

Making spring Lego crafts

Last weekend was our squadron Easter party.  The weather was perfect!
After learning about rainbows and ROY G BIV all week at school, Potatoes's first experience with face paint was a show stopper....


James thought Alexander looked just fine before the rainbow!


The next day we celebrated Elena's first birthday.  The three amigos had a blast as always!

I've enjoyed some walks with lots of neighbors and friends in this beautiful weather.  This was my favorite, though, with Stella catching the air!

Andrea and I made a day trip to Pensacola for a USO baby shower
Hosted by Heidi from What Not to Expect, Target, and the USO, it was a fun event with a great swag bag

Ready for the school Easter party

Potatoes's oldest friend.  He and Mia started school together when he was just 10 weeks old and she was 6 weeks old.

Saturday before Easter we made it out to the big base Egg-straveganza

Addie and Connie met us there for an added bonus

That night we decorated eggs and the hardest part was when there were only twelve to decorate.  When we told him to put out his Easter basket, he put it directly in front of the door!

That night, Potatoes started his usual fight of getting to sleep.  I explained to him that if the Easter bunny came down our street and found Addy asleep, he would fill her basket.  If he hopped on down to our house and he was still awake, he would have to keep walking and may not have time to come back.  He immediately squeezed his eyes shut and asked me to turn off the lights and go to sleep.  At 1a.m., I hear him through the monitor, "I need to go potty, but I don't want the Easter Bunny to skip my house!!!!" He cried the whole time we were in the bathroom that he just needed to get back to sleep.  He was so relieved and excited when he saw his basket of goodies in the morning!

Another great Potatoes story:
Daniel took him to the track to run intervals, and on a break, Potatoes leaned into Daniel and said, "Wanna hear something crazy.....(long pause).... about me?  I'm big for the slinky dog ride!"
He has gone through a growth spurt recently and Daniel told him he is now tall enough for the slinky dog ride at Disney....at least once a day he either tells us this fact, or asks when we are heading that way....guess we have a trip to Orlando in our future!

Easter Sunday was wonderful.
I put my phone on silent Easter Sunday for the first time in two years so I don't have any pictures, but the day was beautiful


This kid is so secure in who he is!  When his bestie asks to play dress-up, he is ready to go!


He is Risen!
Happy Easter



No comments:

Post a Comment