Thursday, April 4, 2019

Viva Las Vegas, Baby!

ERA's annual convention was in Las Vegas this year, so the whole Martin crew (minus Zoey), decided to make a week of it!
I spent three days at the convention, FUEL, and have to say the greatest thing I walked away with was close relationships with people from my office.  It was a terrific way for us to all let our hair down a bit and get to know each other outside of the hectic world of real estate.

This lovely lady and I had so much fun!  One of the highlights was walking into the Source where all the vendors were, before it opened.  Apparently we may not have been supposed to be in there, but the people at the door smiled and said good morning when we walked in....guess our matching outfits and confident stride made it look like we were meant to be there!
We had the whole room to ourselves to roam and check things out without being sold anything.  We even ran into royalty!

After the first day of classes, we set out for a night of fun at a Great Gatsby party
We danced the night away!
Special thanks to Charis for lending me this dress- love it!

The second day was a general session with ALL Realogy companies- 10,000+ realtors in one arena!
Katie put up with a lot from me on this trip....we were in our room between sessions when I received a text that I had been selected for a meet & greet with the Property Brothers!  I was so excited, I may have slapped her arm a couple times....whoops....luckily i got to take a plus one, so she got to enjoy the win as well.

Prior to the meet & greet, Drew and Jonathan spoke to the whole groupm and let me say, they are even greater in person than on television.  So personal, so funny, with just the right amount of edge to keep the belly laughs going.  


So many realtors

The general assmebly was one of the only times I ran into our amazing team leader, Paula.  With all that was going on, it was hard to catch people!

I am still waiting on my official picture with these two....just found out it may be up to two more weeks.  Still worth it, though!

Fancy drink before a disappointing dinner at Wolfgang Pucks

Katie celebrated her birthday while we were there.  Love you, friend!

Imagine Dragons concert! 

 We had so much fun jamming out to Imagine Dragons with all the Realogy realtors.  They put on an amazing show, despite learning from a couple of conference attendees that the group is not cool with millenials...too mainstream...funny elevator conversation that had me chuckling at being part of an older generation all of a sudden
Such a great group!

Not only was the music awesome, they had great effects to go along with it!

 On the third day of conferences, KAren and I skipped out on the second round of classes and ventured out on the monorail.
This was also the first day of March Madness, so I offered to take Potatoes along for the ride so Daniel and Larry could enjoy some basketball in the Sports Book

He loved the train, and loved Karen even more!
As I said, this trip really offered an opportunity to bond, and my team member, Karen, and I had a wonderful time just getting to relax and explore together.  I feel like our friendship found a new level on this trip.

Another celebrity siting! Why hello, Toby

After being very patient while KAren and I did a little shopping, I treated Alexander to a special doughnut, then we both returned to the room for a nap.


That afternoon, I passed Potatoes back to Daniel and ventured out to the Stratosphere with the ladies.
Such a beautiful view!


I loved this part of the trip so much.
On Friday, I said goodbye to my coworkers and headed over to Bryan's house for a little more Vegas exploring with the Martin crew and friends.

Potatoes and I had a blast at the Circus Circus arcade, playing games, winning dinosaurs, and watching a trapeze show.

We got to see the official Budweiser Clydesdales!

I enjoyed the Stratosphere so much, and knew Alexander would too, so we headed back with the guys to check it out

I graciously offered to hang back with the little guy while Daniel, Bryan, Larry, and Ahgo did this....
yeah, um, no thanks

A pair of official RayBan's to ward of the Las Vegas sun

This kid is ready to own Vegas

We had a great time and are so appreciative a=of all Bryan did for our family while we were in Vegas.  We are looking forward to seeing more of you,m Uncle Bryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment