Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Major Mayhem Coming Our Way!!!!

We Are Expecting!
Boy Number Two is due to arrive late September or early October

While many may be surprised, as Daniel and I were both adamant that we were "one and done," time shifted our perspective and this little one was prayed and hoped for.
After an amazing trek through Australia last year, Daniel came home with a new outlook on the future.  He realized just how much joy our little crew brings him, and that he wanted to shift things so that family took a higher position.  We talked a lot about what this would look like, and knowing how social and people-oriented our little Alexander is, we both decided we would be overjoyed to add to our crew.

Not only are we expecting, but we are moving!
After six deployments and countless other work trips away, Daniel put in for a job change that will bring him home every evening.  Though the doors tried to close on this opportunity, the power of God prevailed, and we are officially moving to Las Vegas in June.  We found out on a Thursday that we got orders, and that Saturday that we were expecting.
Our whole world flipped in three days' time.

I will not lie.  This is not an easy change for me.  I have such a community here, and love my life here in a big, big way.  My friends span many different circles, my home and my neighborhood are a part of me, and my job is one of joy and enjoyment.  However, family is first, and my prayer was for guidance in the direction God laid, and I trust that that is the path which has been set.

We have not chosen a name for our newest addition (hard to follow Alexander Octavius), but we do know he will be a Legend in our hearts!

Zoey was the first to realize I was pregnant.  Daniel and I noticed her being extra needy.  She even let me cradle her like a baby for TWENTY minutes one evening.

We wanted truly colorful pictures to add color to our new home, as Vegas is VERY brown...

Potatoes talks to his brother all the time and is already in love

Big Brother, Big Heart


I am so thankful for Lindsey Daffin and Blackwood Photography for the beautiful pictures!

I made terrible chalkboard signs, and with the help of Uncle Ahgo and my girl Rachel, everything came together perfectly!

Shameless plug!  Lindsey's work can be seen at

AND her beautiful home can be seen at

She has trusted me to help as her family also prepares for a big move.  This home is amazing, so if you know of anyone looking in the area....send them my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment