Sunday, January 17, 2016

Newborn Photo Shoot and One Month Old



Right before my mom left to go home to Atlanta, we had Lindsey Mullins, a coworker, friend, and professional photographer come to take pictures of our little man.




Despite feeding him right before she got there, Alexander was not overly happy about posing.  I should have thought it through more.  I know he hates diaper changes, and gets cold easily, so I should have had some outfits picked out for him, but really, what's cuter than a naked newborn?



Despite needing to take a couple breaks for eating, some screaming and quite a bit of bathroom messes, the pictures turned out wonderfully.  Thank you, Lindsey!

On Friday, Xander hit the one month milestone.

He looks like such a little boy!

The big question is how did he get so tan?!  I can only assume it's from my dad.  I have fond memories of being at Grayton Beach watching my dad use oil and lay out, getting darker than my brother or I have the melanin to accomplish.  I always wished I had gotten my dad's bronzed skin.  Hopefully Xander will stay tan as he gets older!

My brother says Xander looks just like I did when I was born.  It makes my heart smile to think of how close my brother and I were right from the beginning.  So much so that he still remembers what his baby sister looked like.



On Thursday night Xander went to his first spouse's social.  Zandra hosted a wonderful night with a baked potato bar, a plethera of amazing options for s'mores and a fun game called the three dice game.  I completely forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures, but we had a blast.



Alexander is sleeping for up to five hours at a time, but still has nights when he wants to eat every hour.  He is spitting up less and has significantly less gas now, so he is also a much happier baby.  He is awake for much of the day and LOVES puppets as well as hearing silly sounds.  Thus far, he is not a fan of recorded music or any of the apps designed to soothe babies.  Not a big techie, just an old school outdoorsie little guy.  He absolutely loves being outside and around big groups of people.

  We read together nearly every day from our extensive library that our wonderful friends and family have helped us to build.  He loves to snuggle close to me and to be bounced by Daniel.


No comments:

Post a Comment