Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Atlanta Bound

With most of my family and friends being conveniently in Atlanta, it made sense for Zoey, Xander and me to wrap up maternity leave with a road trip.

Normally a 6 hour drive, it took just over 7 with making 5 stops for feeding and dirty diapers. Still, it was an uneventful ride with no traffic and no backseat freakouts. I think Zoey enjoyed exploring on the longer feeding stops.


Since we've been here, we've had so much fun spending time with people that mean so much to us. We even got to be here to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday!

Craig and Heidi hosted a fun night of Rockband in their beautiful house

Alexander loved meeting Erin

Shorna taught me the secrets of swaddling

We have taken lots of walks despite the cold

As  usual, Xander loves being on the go and meeting new people.  At home,  he often becomes tired of me and needs daddy time in the evening.  It has been nice passing him around during the day and having him need mommy time in the evening.

He got to meet Grandma Jay finally! 

I finally got to meet Weston's son, Hudson. Such a sweet, handsome boy!

Peace and quiet after a big meltdown

Birthday lunch for my mom


Alexander demanded his own lunch soon after Heidi got him from Craig

Jacob is exactly 4 weeks younger than Xander.  He makes my boy look so big!

Grandma Jay got Zoey bundled up for the temperature drop

We got to see snow flurries! 

Alexander with my Godmother,  Josine. She lived with my family when I was his age. 

This is a bit of a photo dump from our trip. We are having such a great time it would be hard to express in words!

No comments:

Post a Comment