Monday, February 22, 2016

First Day of Daycare

Alexander got all dressed up for his first day of daycare today!

He took right to his teachers and had no tears as I left

My good friend Laura had the brilliant idea of taking him to daycare for a half day the day before I head back to work.  She and I made a day date for breakfast and the dog park so I had something to look forward to after saying goodbye to my little man. 

I had tissues and almost used them until I focused on getting to see Leaha and wish her a happy birthday.  I knew he was in good hands as I headed to breakfast. 

I was dressed and ready to go when I got spit up all over my shirt. It'll be interesting trying to time our morning for work tomorrow!

Laura and I had a great morning.  Zoey and Adelaide loved the park, too. They each had a mini me!

After the park, I met Daniel, Brian, and Adam for lunch then went to pick up my little love. I was so excited to get him!  That little hot shot didn't even look at me when I leaned in to talk to him!  He was too busy giggling at the star on his play mat. My sweet happy boy! I'm glad I missed him more than he missed me.

Leaha peeked in and got a picture for me during "nap" time.  

Alexander and I left daycare and headed to Navarre to meet Ashley and Davis's sweet little lady, Harper.

A gorgeous little lady, only a week old! 

It was wonderful to see Ashley and to reminisce on those early weeks. Easier times lay ahead,  I promise! I'm so in love with my little man but must admit the first few weeks were exhausting. 

We ended our day with an amazing meal from Laura. It was nice to not have to cook and Daniel snuggled and fed Xander so I could prepare for tomorrow- my first day back at work.  Eeeeek!  Nervous! 




No comments:

Post a Comment