Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Crazy Week




On Monday evening, Xander and I were heading to Bible study when we were hit by a u-turning car.  Praise God, he slept right through it and we are both completely fine.  It totally freaked me out, though, giving me crazy nightmares in which both he and Zoey were in peril danger.  Mommy emotions in full force!
My car will need repairs, and, even though I was pulling out of the turn and the other driver was initiating her turn and ran into me, because I was turning right on red and her light was green, I was found at fault and issued a ticket.  I would be more upset, but all I care about is that no one was hurt.  The first real mayhem we've experienced!

When I dropped Xander off at school on Wednesday, there was a sign above his bed which read, 'I can roll over.'  I asked his teachers if this was right.  Apparently he began rolling from front to back on Monday, March 8th!


Daniel and I almost caught this milestone in action two weeks ago.  We put him down for tummy time and started talking, then I left the room for a moment.  When I came back, Alexander was on his back.  Daniel swore he hadn't touched him, but also hadn't seen him roll over.  

I've tried to get it on camera since Wednesday, but have only seen him do it twice, and did not capture either time.  I was happy to see that he flipped himself both to the right and to the left.  Daniel calls him an 'ambi-turner.'  I guess that's a Zoolander reference, but I'm a terrible movie quote catcher!  I'm sure Aunt Robin got it immediately!

Friday was the group chili cook off.  We knew we had to enter with the fabulous Martin family chili recipe.  We may not have won (the winner used steak as his meat), but plenty of ours was eaten, and everyone in the office enjoyed getting to meet our handsome little man.


We have another big week coming up.  Uncle Ryan and Aunt Mary are in the car with their pups Jackson and Leila heading our way!  We also have the squadron kid's Easter party, school picture day, and Zoey's fourth birthday (which is the same day little man will be 3 months old).  Lots of memories to be made!

Milestones:
First car accident (and hopefully the last!)

Rolling from tummy to back in both directions

Wearing size three diapers for about 2 weeks now

Has officially outgrown 0-3 clothes and wears mostly 6 month clothes and even some 12 month clothes

Can stand up with just an index finger under each arm pit

Coos all the time and laughs quite a bit



Loves brightly colored toys, especially the fox on his bouncy seat.  Except, that is, if we flip the ball on the fox from behind.  Both Daniel and I have scared Xander into tears by doing this when he didn't see our hands.  The first time Daniel did it, Xander's whole body stiffened and his eyes got huge.  Daniel thought it was cute so he did it again....little man started screaming and balling out of fright. Whoops!

He has cradle cap which I've been treating with coconut oil, which Zoey likes to lick off.  It seems to be getting better, but allows for some cute sister/brother bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment