Sunday, March 6, 2016

Double Date Nights


With my mom in town, Daniel and I were able to enjoy TWO nights out with friends!
Friday night we went to dinner and a movie with our great friends, Karlee and Jonathan.  It was great getting to enjoy a full meal without attending to the needs of my little guy.

I stayed awake for the whole movie- must have been the excitement of the evening!

Saturday night was the squadron dining out.  It was so fun getting all dressed up and seeing all of our friends in their best.  It was far more entertaining for me than any red carpet, and the ladies were just as gorgeous!



I accidentally found out that I won squadron Spouse of the Year!  Apparently Daniel forgot to mention it, but when my friend Laura came up and congratulated me for it, the beans were spilled!!!  I feel extremely honored and undeserving.  I enjoy being a Key Spouse immensely, and am thrilled to be so connected with the other spouses of our amazing squadron!




After the adventurous dinner with lots of shenanigans (but no trips to the Grog for the Martins), we headed over to Harry Ts for the after party.  With Xander at home with my mom, Daniel and I felt totally at ease to let loose and enjoy ourselves- especially Daniel.  In true party form, he tore up the dance floor and shut the place down.  I did my fair share of dancing, but couldn't keep up with him, as this was probably my first time in heels in nearly a year, and my feet were killing me!  Laura was sweet enough to actually trade shoes with me, as she had worn wedges.  Amazingly, we found a group of four girls who all wear size 9.  I never have shoe swap friends with my big feet!!!

Xander did great for my mom, going to bed at 6:30 both nights.  He is feeling much better, but is still fighting the cold with a bit of congestion.

This week will be my first full four day work week!


No comments:

Post a Comment